Betting tips: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

The Champions League action finally returns this week and on Wednesday night we’ll have the opportunity to see Arsenal hosting European Champions Bayern Munich, at the Emirates Stadium, in what is expected to be a very interesting game.

Arsenal looking for revenge after last year’s elimination at the hands of Bayern Munich.

February usually marks that period of the football season when things can go fantastically great or terrible wrong. And for the Gunners, in the last few seasons, things have gone wrong. However, and despite the fact that they aren’t playing their best football of the season, this Arsenal team seems to be mentally stronger, are just one point behind league leaders Chelsea and have just knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup. Now, they turn their attentions to the Champions League, where they qualified for the knockout stages behind Dortmund and just ahead of Italian side Napoli, after all three teams collected 12 points, to face a very difficult test against European Champions Bayern Munich.

The Bavarians travel to London in excellent form, having won 31 of their 35 games in all competitions this season, including the 6 games after the winter break. Bayern, who advanced to this stage of the competition winning all of their games with the exception of the one they lost against Manchester City at home, do not only have a strong team with excellent players, but seem to be playing now the kind of football that Guardiola had implemented in Barcelona, and although that doesn’t sit well with many football fans that claim that it is “boring”, the truth is, it is extremely hard to beat.

The Bavarians have what it takes to go all the way once again.

Even though they play at home, Arsenal are not the favorites to win this game, according to the bookies. They give the Gunners only a 20% chance of winning this one, against a 55% chance that Bayern will travel to the second leg having won the first one. They also say that there is a 25% chance that the game on Wednesday will end with a draw. If the Gunners are to have any chance to defeat the German giants they’ll have to play a flawless game against them on Wednesday.

One year ago, Arsenal faced Bayern Munich in the knockout stages and lost 3-1 at home. This year, the German side clearly have the tools and the fire power to repeat the stunt. In 10 of their last 11 Champions League games, the Bavarians scored at least 2 goals, which is quite amazing! A draw would be a great result for Arsenal and would leave things to be decided in Munich, but Guardiola and his side will be looking to play the second hand with much more confidence knowing that they’ve won the first game.

Our betting tips: Bayern to win
Odds: 1.75

Comments are closed.